Monday, June 25, 2007

Happy belated Midsummer!

You always know summer is here with the inaugural Midsummer party. I had mine over the weekend, and boy, it's always so much fun. This year I celebrated with a bunch of Swedish friends, who really know how to celebrate!

For the Swedish, this holiday is arguably the most important holiday of the year for them. The dance around the maypole is probably what comes to mind for most people. I, unfortunately, was not dancing around the maypole, but more like dancing around the toilet after drinking lots and lots of wine and AquaV (not a good combination too). This Aqua V is Sweden's 'special' liquor they drink... and let me tell ya, it is strong and they can drink it all night like it's water! Personally, I think it tastes disgusting. You are suppose to drink it a shot glass and sip it, but all I wanted to do was finish as fast as I could. Gross...

Anyways, it was a fun weekend overall. I'm slowly but surely getting organized, as we took a trip to the container store this weekend. It always feels good to know where things are ;)

1 comment:

easiegmann Insights said...

You are so right, Erin. There is nothing better then a Svensk Midsommar party to bring on the summer. . . and all the great things summer brings.

Your blog got me thinking. . . and Googling (I love The Google) and I came across these beautiful Swedish fonts: http://www.letterspace.com/LETTERPERFECT_FONTS/swedishset.htm

Can't wait to hear about some of your letterpress projects. . . anything Swedish?