Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Work, Websites, Weddings, oh my!

This week is turning out to be very busy for me, which is always a good thing! Along with my full-time graphic/web designer job, I have a few freelance projects I'm juggling. Plus, I've started my training for the Chicago Marathon. All very time comsuming... if I could only have more time!!

One of the freelance projects I'm working on is designing a new website for a past client. I had designed their website a few years back, and now, it's in much need of a new look. I can't emphasize how important it is to keep a website updated. I see so many sites out there that have incorrect info on it, old images, plus let's not forgot that web design programs change too. I recently upgraded to Dreamweaver 8 from MX, and have had some problems when opening the files saved in older versions. And now, Adobe just came out with CS3! Can I just tell you that I JUST bought CS2 a few months ago!!! It's very frustrating - can I ever keep up with ever-changing software these days!!! NOPE. I remember when I was in college I bought Photoshop 5.0 - yes that's right folks, 5.0!! Seems like ancient history now - and I'm sure all the design college kids these days would laugh about that one. However, I was reading my latest issue of HOW magazine on my way work this morning and they had a very good article on what's new in CS3. Maybe I'll put some of the features they mention in my next blog post.

Anyway, another project I'm working on are Save-the-Date cards. These are going to be letterpressed and I very excited to see the finish product. They are looking to be very cute! We just formalized most the text, so now it's onto deciding ink color and envelope color.

That's all for now! Have a great day!

3 comments:

ZNLA said...

Haha busy is definately good!
Time usually goes by A LOT faster this way.
I know over the next two weeks I have SO much planned that I know they will just scream by!

And yes, it is absolutely rediculous how fast programs are being updated nowadays! And apparently we will begin to notice that happening to our Televisions - yes, a constant state of changing now introduced to our TVs, so we buy a TV today, tomorrow itis outdated, just like our computers!

I know they were still competitive before, but apparently now they're stepping up the market and making them faster or something now, but it should be fun to see absolutely everything becoming outdated, and "old technology" in days, everything from our Toaster, to our PET DOG! :)

Comment on my blogs too, and I will continue to read more of yours and comment where necessary! :)

Simon said...

Good luck on your work. I look forward to seeing your Save-the-Day cards in prints.

erin m carlstrand said...

Zako, thanks for checking out my blog. I will do the same with yours.

Neoauteur, I will post my updates on the cards once I get started.. I can't wait!!